NORTHERN LIGHTS BUS TOUR
Art and science collide for an evening of hunting through the Icelandic countryside for an opportunity to spot the elusive Northern Lights. Many people come to our shores from all over the world every winter to see them.
What begins as solar winds from the sun striking against the magnetic field of our planet like a piece of flint touching steel quickly translates into ribbons of white and green, sometimes even red and purple that flutter through the sky like paper bags caught in the wind. Sometimes the effect is subtle, just a flicker of light against the dark whilst other times it can feel like a full orchestra, but no matter how the lights may present themselves they are always utterly captivating.
Join us on a northern light hunt experience and our experienced and enthusiastic guides will do their level best to hunt down the lights and create special memories for you. The night will be completed with interesting information, legend and stories about the phenomenon, topped with a special recipe of hot chocolate to stay warm.
Your tour ticket comes with a free ticket to the Aurora Museum Reykjavík. The exhibition is a great introduction to the science behind this phenomena and also provides valuable insight into the best methods to photograph this lights. You can visit the museum at any time on the day of your booking and we can even collect you from there for your tour.
For those nights where mother nature is not on our side, you will still be treated to a night sky full of stars and an ability to rebook and try another roll of the dice.
Duration: 3 – 4 hours
Departure: 20:30 and 21:30
Available: late August to mid-April
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before event
- Bus fare
- Northern light hunt
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Hot chocolate and refreshments
- Aurora Museum Reykjavik entrance ticket (only valid for use on the tour date booked and if the tour is operating)
- Wi-fi on board
- Pickup and drop off
What do I need to bring?
- Your camera (you will learn how to take pictures of the northern lights during your visit)
- Your phone and earphones (we offer QR-based audioguides)
Northern Lights Bus Tour
- Warm clothing and good shoes