GOLDEN CIRCLE AND BLUE LAGOON (admission incl.)
THE PERFECT DAY TRIP
The day starts with a visit to the Thingvellir valley a place of amazing natural beauty where the land has been torn apart by the separation of the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. This UNESCO World Heritage site is home to the largest freshwater lake in Iceland and is the beating heart of Icelandic pride, being the birthplace for the longest standing parliament on the world.
The journey then continues to the Geysir park which is filled with bubbling and steaming geothermal springs. The anticipation builds as you approach the viewing point for the Strokkur Geyser, where the ground trembles and almost without warning, the geyser erupts spectacularly to a height of 35 meters. Then you continue to the magnificent and majestic Golden Waterfall. As the water melts from the second largest glacier in Iceland, Langjökull, it reaches Gullfoss where it falls 32 meters down into a canyon with a thunderous roar. An amazing site and favorite of visitors.
You then head back to the capital area to prepare for a visit at one the wonders of the world, the Blue Lagoon. The mineral-rich waters offer a unique and first-hand experience of Iceland’s plentiful geothermal springs. The warm waters offer a perfect way to relax and reflect upon the natural beauty of this island and is a must see when traveling to Iceland. Note that after returning to Reykjavik from the Golden Circle, there will be a 1.5-hour break before heading to the Blue Lagoon.
For an unforgettable experience, join our tour and step aboard one of our new buses, fully equipped with WiFi connected computer tablets for each guest. The tablets provide you with a continuous stream of relevant information along the journey with a GPS synced Audio Guide, available with a choice of 10 languages. Along the tour our local hosts will make your experience comfortable and are happy to answer any questions you might have about our peculiar country. In each seat you will also find a USB outlet to charge any of your devices.
Price & Availability: See booking window
Available all year round (depending on weather)
Min: No minimum number of participants.
Age limit: 2 Years
Pickup at your Accommodation
Terms and conditions
FRIENDLY CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
Full refund if canceled due to weather. Cancellation fee can be withheld if canceled with short notice.
- 1-day notice: 100% charge
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Dress according to the weather. In Iceland, it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
In-Bus-Audio-Guide: We recommend that you bring your own headphones, simply because they will fit you best. It is also great for the environment. If you don’t have your headphones, with you or forgot to bring them, no worries we sell earphones on board.
For the Blue Lagoon: Bring a swimsuit.
Please show up at our Reykjavik Terminal (located at Skógarhlíð 10) 15 minutes prior to the departure time. Please be ready at your pick up point with your voucher, either in digital or printed form.
You will be traveling in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people but is very spacious and comfortable. There is no bathroom on the bus but there will be plenty of stops where facilities can be used. The bus offers free wifi and USB charging ports.
Lunch is not included, at Geysir, Gullfoss and at the Blue Lagoon, there are places where you can buy food and drink.
Between the end of the Golden Circle Tour, there will be about a 1.5 hours break before heading to the Blue Lagoon.
- Admission to the Blue lagoon and roundtrip transfers
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
- Silica mud mask
- Use of towel
- 1st drink of your choice in the blue lagoon
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING
For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise, headphones are available for purchase on every bus from our hosts.
For your comfort: Dress according to the weather. In Iceland, it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended.
For the Blue Lagoon: Bring a swimsuit.
- Starting off in Reykjavik from our Reykjavik terminal at Skógarhlíð 10 we will depart for Þingvellir, a 45-60 minute ride.
- The tour starts with Þingvellir National Park, the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you walk down the path into a rift valley and admire the view while learning about Icelandic history.
- The next stop is at Geysir Hot Springs, the home of the one-and-only original geyser and Iceland’s most iconic natural attraction. Steaming hot water erupts from the famous Strokkur Geyser every few minutes.
- The Gullfoss Waterfall, an awesome sight to behold, is the next stop. Here a powerful glacial river cascades down 32 meters on two levels and into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar.
- We then drive you back towards Reykjavik to our Reykjavik Terminal. From the terminal, you will take one of our comfortable Destination Blue Lagoon Buses to Grindavik, where the warm waters of the Blue Lagoon await you. This is about a 45 minutes ride and you will have about 3 hours to enjoy the lagoon when you arrive. Please note, there will be about a 1.5-hour buffer between the Golden Circle Tour and the ride to the Blue Lagoon.
- You will then be brought back to Reykjavik with our Destination Blue Lagoon buses.
This tour is about 11.5 hours long including travel time and the time you spend at each location. You spend at least 45 minutes at the major stops giving you plenty of time to enjoy nature and to take some pictures.
Total distance covered: 340 km or 210 mi
The starting point for Reykjavik Sightseeing Tours. Reykjavik Terminal, Skógarhlíð 10, 105 Reykjavik.
• Tours depart from the Reykjavik Terminal located at Skógarhlíð 10. Please be sure to arrive 15 minutes prior to departure along with a printed or digital copy of your ticket/voucher.
• If you have booked a hotel pickup with Smartbus™, please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green Smartbus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.
ÞINGVELLIR NATIONAL PARK
The first stop along the Gold Circle features stunning views over the rift valley. A UNESCO heritage site with beautiful geographical features and
Located on the northern shores of Þingvallavatn (Iceland’s largest lake), Þingvellir (anglicized as ‘
As the first stop along the tour, you will have an opportunity to walk through the park and use the restroom if needed.
GEYSIR GEOTHERMAL AREA
The most iconic Iceland natural site, the Geysir hot springs are home to the original erupting geyser.
A favorite stop along the Golden Circle is the highly active Geysir Hot Spring Area with boiling mud pits and the lively Strokkur which spouts water 30 meters (100 ft) into the air every few minutes. The area became active more than 1000 years ago and comprises more than a dozen hot spring holes. Although one can only see steam emerging from the surface of Geysir these days, its name was adopted to represent spouting hot springs all over the world.
Along the tour, the newly opened Geysir Center offers guests and travelers a chance to use the restroom and to catch some refreshments as well as lunch.
A powerful and inspiring place. There the glacier water thunders down 32 meters in three steps and into a narrow canyon with
As one of the most popular attractions in all of Iceland, Gullfoss is a waterfall located in the canyon of Hvítá river in the southwest of the country. The beautiful Hvítá river rushes southward in three steps into a narrow canyon with a breathtaking roar and grandeur. Furthermore, on clear days the magnificent Langjökull glacier, Iceland’s second largest glacier, can be seen in the distance.
Guests and Travelers may use the restroom and purchase food and refreshments at this location as well.
THE BLUE LAGOON
Finish off the day with a relaxing visit to the Blue
The perfect way to round off the golden circle tour. You will have the chance to relax in the magical blue lagoon. The water stays at a warm 38-40 Celsius (100-104 Fahrenheit) and is sure not to disappoint, regardless of the weather conditions.
After returning to