INTO THE GLACIER (incl. transfer)
SEE THE GLACIER! STAND ON THE GLACIER! GO INTO THE GLACIER!
This Langjökull glacier tour is a treat for every adventure lover. We’ll visit Langjökull glacier ice cave, the man-made ice cave, Iceland.
This day tour gives you the opportunity to enjoy a day full of adventures, departing from Reykjavik in our comfortable coaches. You will get the opportunity of a life time to enjoy one of the world’s greatest wilderness; Iceland’s second largest glacier – even from the inside! Never before the Langjokull glacier ice cave, has anyone been able to see the beautiful blue ice at the heart of an ice cap glacier. No doubt this will be a truly memorable day.
The drive to Langjokull glacier is very scenic and on the way we make a stop by Hraunfossar waterfalls. “Hraun” in Icelandic means lava and the lava at Hraunfossar waterfalls actually came from one of Langjokul glacier’s volcanic eruptions ages ago. At Langjokull glacier’s edge, special modified glacier vehicles will take care of the ride up to the glacier and to the ice caves – and what a ride it is! On the giant glacier itself you will have time to enjoy the stunning environment and view. The walk INTO the glacier itself takes around one hour and is operated with highly experienced English-speaking guides.
- Accessible for those with limited mobility
- Please make sure to check what bus will pick you up for the transfer of the tour. Visible on the tour voucher.
What do I need to bring?
- Warm clothes, including a waterproof / warm coat and suitable footwear (even in summer).
- Entry or admission fee
- Day tour from Reykjavík (full day)
- Hraunfossar waterfalls
- Langjökull Glacier
- Entrance into the glacier
- Free WiFi in the glacier vehicles
- Food & drinks
- 10 hours
Physical difficulty level
Terms and conditions
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before event