GOLDEN CIRCLE & NORTHERN LIGHTS
The Golden Circle Tour is where we visit the country´s three iconic natural treasures: Þingvellir National Park, where the American and Eurasian plates have been pulling apart; the erupting geyser that sends water and steam spouting skywards; and the spectacular Gullfoss Waterfall where a glacial river thunders 32 meters into a canyon. When night falls we set off hunting for the magical and elusive Northern Lights. Of course it all depends on the weather forecast and visibility conditions as to whether we go, so do keep this in mind. And, don´t forget, the Auroras are only visible during the winter months.
Min: No minimum number of participants.
Age limit: No age limit
Duration: Total travelling time is around 10 hours, including a minimum 30 minute stop at Geysir Hot Springs, Gullfoss Waterfall and Þingvellir National Park and a 3 hour approx. Northern Lights tour.
- We are working with Iceland´s most talented Northern lights hunters to find the best places every night.
- It is never a guaranteed that we will see northern lights, however, we do our best to maximize our chances by picking the best locations.
- Since it is never guaranteed to see aurora, we will make sure you get the chance to see them. In the event of an unsuccessful hunt, we offer you the chance to re-book as many times as needed until you partake in a successful northern lights hunt. You can continue to do this within a 2 year period of going on the first hunt.
- If the Northern Lights portion of this tour is canceled due to weather and you don’t have an opportunity to participate in a subsequent tour, the northern lights portion of the tour will be refunded.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before event
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Free Wi-Fi and usb charger in every seat
- Photo memory of you and the northern lights (when aurora can be seen)
- Instructions about how to set up your camera to capture northern lights and the night sky
- Food & drinks
- Pick-up and Drop-off at hotel can be booked as an extra service with our SmartBus™ service. Otherwise you are advised to be at our Reykjavik Terminal 15 minutes before the tour departure time.
What do I need to bring?
For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended, especially since we will be outside at night during the hunt for the northern lights.