2-DAY SHOUTH COAST – ICE CAVE, SKAFTAFELL & GLACIER LAGOON
Join us for this great two-day tour along the south coast and enjoy all the best sites the South of Iceland has to offer.
In the winter, this tour provides a chance of catching the northern lights!
– Day 1: Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss Waterfalls
Iceland 2 day south coast tour will start with a drive down route 1 that will lead us to the famous Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss waterfalls. On a clear day, you will have the opportunity to see the two surrounding glaciers, Eyjafjallajökull and Myrdalsjokull. Next is the coastal village of Vik where you will find Reynisfjara, the black sand beach.
As the day rolls by, we’ll head deeper into the countryside to our accommodation in Skaftafell, where we can enjoy a relaxing evening and recharge for the coming day. If the weather allows, we will top off our day witnessing Iceland’s quintessential natural phenomenon: the Northern Lights!
– Day 2: Skaftafell to Jokulsarlon
We will have an early start and head towards Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon and Diamond Beach.
Next, we head to an Ice Cave where our certified guides will assure a safe and exciting experience. Ice Caves are only found during the wintertime when the glacial rivers retract and the water freezes.
Your safety is our priority and sometimes weather or road conditions mean that access to certain ice caves is unavailable and/or unsafe.
Our main ice cave in the winter is the Crystal Ice Cave. However, at times when it’s inaccessible, we’ll visit an alternative ice cave.
During the summer months (from April to October), we’ll visit the Ice Cave Under the Volcano. If it’s inaccessible, we’ll do a glacier hike instead.
Tour Highlights: Small Group Experience, Natural Ice Cave, Seljalandsfoss Waterfall, Skogafoss Waterfall, Vatnajökull – Europe’s biggest glacier, Skaftafell Nature Reserve, Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, Diamond Beach, Vík – a coastal village, Reynisfjara – basalt columns & black sand beaches, Northern Lights*, Eyjafjallajökull – glacier volcano views*, Hekla – volcano views*, *Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon Boat Tour – optional (May-Oct)
* subject to weather conditions.
Pick up time: 8:00-8:45 and drop off 21:00 to 24:00 the following day. You will be picked up from your selected pick up location at the time stated on your voucher, please note that it can take up to 30 minutes to be picked up.
Duration: 2 days.
Minimum age: 10 years, because of age restrictions in Ice Caves.
Maximum number of participants: 16 persons per guide.
Arctic Adventures reserves the right to alter itineraries and/or timetables should it be necessary, due to adverse weather and or other related conditions.
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 2 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before event
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 365 days or less before event
- Parking fees
- National park entrance fee
- Pick-up from your hotel in Reykjavík,
- Guided tour in a minibus with WiFi
- Visit to Seljalandsfoss, Skogafoss, Reynisfjara, Skaftafell, Jokulsarlon Ice Glacier Lagoon, Ice Cave (or glacier hike).
- Hotel room with private bathroom, and breakfast.
Please note that food is NOT included on this tour, except breakfast on day 2 .