Northern Lights Minibus Tour
Always in small groups by minibus – maximum 19 people
Explore the magic and mystery of the Arctic Night Sky. Join us for a Northern Lights Horizon Tour.
On the Northern Lights Horizon Mini Bus Tour from Reykjavík we focus on finding the perfect location to witness the magic of the Northern Lights and the dark arctic sky. We go in small groups and our guests get enough time to enjoy the show. To go into the dark, frozen winter night and observe an unbelievable display of colour, light and texture, is like waking up in a fairy-tale, full of mystery and magic. We pick you up at your Hotel or Guesthouse or meet you at the fantastic Aurora Reykjavik Museum. We begin our Northern Lights hunt with a tour through the museum and give you an introduction on the physics behind the Northern Lights and how it is best to photograph them. After the tour of the museum, we drive out to the countryside or up to the mountains, away from electric glow and city sounds. You will be able to enjoy the beautiful night sky at the best possible situation, of course depending on the weather.
- FREE CANCELLATION
- BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
- NO BOOKING FEES
- FAST & SECURE PAYMENT
Departures – Daily 25th Aug – 15th Apr @20:30
Duration – 3-5 hours approx
Pickup – Between 20:00 and 20:30 in Reykjavik City Area
or meet us Aurora Reykjavik Museum @ 20:30
Fully guided tour – English speaking
Transport by comfortable minibus
Hot chocolate & treats during the tour
Free pickup / dropoff in Reykjavik City
FREE ADMISSION TO AURORA REYKJAVÍK – SAVE 1800 ISK
Camera rental at Aurora Reykjavik Museum
You can rent a DSLR camera and tripod for your Northern Light hunt at Aurora Reykjavik Museum. Bring your own SD card or buy it at the Museum. Please email email@example.com for further information.
Highlights of the Tour
• Introduction to the Northern Lights at Aurora Reykjavik Museum, including a short photography lesson
• Northern Lights Hunting with a professional guide
• Stargazing under the Arctic Night Sky
• Small Group experience away from the crowds
Small Group Experience
All our tours are operated in a comfortable Mini Bus with a maximum of 19 passengers.
We are local operators with local guides.
Full Refund Policy
If you cancel our tours more than 24H from departure you get a full refund.
We offer free pickup in Reykjavik from your accommodation or nearest pickup point.
Free WiFi on Board
Get online during your tour, and share your adventure with the world.
TripAdvisor Hall of Fame
We have received the Certificate of excellence from TripAdvisor 5 years in a row.
Terms and conditions
- Changes to itinerary or cancellation are notified only via email, so be careful to use a functional email and follow it on departure day
- The lights are a natural phenomenon and beyond our control. They are visible in Iceland from late August through April but visibility is subject to light activity and cloud coverage
- We cannot guarantee sightings even if the tour is operated
- In case of no sighting of the Northern Lights we offer our customers a complimentary second departure on a Northern Lights Bus Tour
- Due to weather or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation
- Reservation is necessary