SNÆFELLSNES PENINSULA TOUR
Snæfellsnes peninsula sits on the other side of the Faxaflói bay, to the North West of the city of Reykjavik and is a location that any diehard fan of Iceland should be adding to their list of things to see. Not only does this location have black sand beaches to rival the southern coast, a national park that could give Þingvellir a run for its money and of course it’s very own glacier but it also has a lot of charm that will be sure to win your heart. No matter what your tastes are as a traveller, Snæfellsnes is guaranteed to have something for you.
Literary fans will recognise many locations from the Jules Verne novel “Journey to the centre of the earth” that was based here. Alongside the film, it inspired in 2008 also called “Journey to the Center of the Earth” starring Brendan Fraser which actually used the real Snæfellsjökull volcano in the film.
The tour covers some of Snæfellsnes biggest highlights such as the majestic Mt Kirkjufell and Kirkjufellsfoss waterfall, Djúpalónssandur stunning beach, beautifully sculpted Lóndrangar pinnacles, Arnarstapi harbor and sea cliffs along with other surprises our guides pull out of their sleeve.
- The duration of the tour is 11 hours
- There is no food included on this tour but there will be stops where you are able to purchase food
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before event
- Bus fare
- Professional guide
- Free WiFi
- Pickup and dropoff
- Food and drinks
What do I need to bring?
- Warm, water- and windproof clothing are always useful in Iceland.
- All tickets are e-tickets so there is no need to print them out.