Secret Lagoon and Northern Lights Hunt via Grayline
The Secret Lagoon
The Secret Lagoon is a natural hot spring and pool located near the village of Flúðir in South Iceland, just off the Golden Circle route. Fed by mineral-rich geothermal water from nearby hot springs at a steady temperature of 38° to 40°, the Secret Lagoon’s pool of water is perfect for bathing and relaxation.
Icelandic open-air bathing experience
Over the years, the Secret Lagoon, or Gamla laugin as it was referred to by locals, has been part of the local culture that is keeping alive the unique and authentic Icelandic open-air geothermal bathing experience.
Hot springs and geothermal features
The Secret Lagoon offers neat and clean locker rooms, showers and changing facilities, as well as a small bar and eating area. Boardwalks and footpaths surround the concrete encased pool enabling guests to explore small hot springs and geothermal features in the immediate area.
After bathing in the Secret Lagoon, the tour continues to Restaurant Grund for a delicious light buffet where you can enjoy sampling variety of Icelandic cuisine.
Northern Lights Hunt
Heading back to Reykjavik, the exciting hunt for the elusive Northern lights begins. Your guide and driver will scout and select viewing spots to give you the best chances of experiencing the amazing display of auroras.
- Rugged charm of an Icelandic open air geothermal bath
- Sample delicious Icelandic food in a light buffet
- Seeing the Northern lights dancing across the sky
- Learning about science and of Northern lights
- Bring swim suit and a towel
- Sightings of the Northern Lights are not guaranteed – a complimentary return is NOT available for this tour if no Northern Lights are seen.
- Complimentary pick-up and drop-off for hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- Round trip transportation
- Admission to the secret lagoon
- Professional tour guide
- Buffet-style dinner at Restaurant Grund in Fluðir village
Terms and conditions
Please present your electronic travel voucher / ticket at the time of tour departure.
Tour departure point
The Gray Line Bus Terminal in Holtagarðar is the central departure point for our tours.
Pick up and drop off
Pick up from hotels, guesthouses and designated bus stops starts 30 minutes before the tour departure time stated on your voucher.
Check in at Gray Line Bus Terminal is 15 minutes before the tour departure time stated on your voucher.
To help ensuring the quickest possible collection we kindly ask you to stand by for pick up in front of your hotel or guest house when pick up starts. Boarding the pick-up coach please present your tour voucher.
Returning from your tour
On return you’ll be dropped off at the pickup point you were collected from or at the closest possible point.