Northern Lights Evening Hunt from Akureyri
Frozen Night, Mystery & Magic
The Northern Lights Akureyri tour is a Northern Lights hunt experience. To go into the dark, frozen winter night and observe an unbelievable display of color, light and texture, is like waking up in a fairy-tale, full of mystery and magic. We drive out to the countryside or up to the mountains, away from electric glow and city sounds. You will be able to enjoy the beautiful night sky at the best possible situation, of course depending on the weather.
The Northern Lights, or the Aurora Borealis, are a natural phenomenon visible in the Northern Hemisphere. A unique display of light caused by a particle collision in the magnetic field of the polar caps.
The Northern Lights Tour from Akureyri departs from Saga Travel Office in Akureyri Center, see map here. The Bus departs daily at 21:30 during the Northern Lights season (September 1st – April 15th).
- Dark Icelandic Winter Night
- Northern Lights Hunting
- Star Bright Sky
September 1st – Apríl 15th
2,5 – 3 Hours
We recommend you bring
- Warm clothing
Fully guided tour
Northern Lights Complimentary
If your tour guide confirms that no Northern Lights were seen we will invite you on a complimentary Northern Light Tour, on the following departure. Be sure to contact before 15:00 so we can reserve your seat.
Terms and Conditions
- Changes to itinerary and cancellations are notified only via email
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and beyond our control. They are visible in Iceland from September through April but visibility is subject to Northern Lights activity and cloud coverage
- We cannot guarantee sightings even if the tour is operated
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancel the tour
- Reservation is necessary