When conditions are favorable we head out to search for the Aurora Borealis, often called the Northern Lights.
We head in the direction with the most chances of seeing the Northern Lights, avoiding the light pollution of the city. Our guides will teach you some facts about the Northern Lights on the way.
This might be a long night so we bring along light refreshments: Kleina (Icelandic twisted doughnut) for you and hot cocoa to keep you warm during the wait for the lights.
NOTE: Dress extremely well, preferably in layers. Bring a hat and gloves and wear thick socks. Drop off after the tour is as near to your hotel as possible on a full size bus.
– The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon. Sightings can not be guaranteed even if the tour is operated. In general, there is around 50% chance to see the lights.
– We decide after 17:00 every day if conditions are favorable to operate the tour. We will post our decision on Facebook but you can also call us at +354 5511166 on the day you are booked or ask your hotel reception whether we are operating or not.
– Pictures do not always reflect actual experience/sightings
– If no Northern Lights are seen, we offer passengers to take the trip again for free. If no northern lights are seen for the second or third time we offer passengers a voucher for a free trip that is valid for three years. This voucher is not transferable.
– If you book a Northern Lights tour, but conditions do not allow us to run the tour during your clients’ stay, we refund the ticket in full.
– Please note that if the tour is cancelled or if you don’t see any lights you must reschedule your tour by calling us at 551 11 66 or e-mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org – tours are not rescheduled automatically.