Practical Aurora tour information
We head in the direction with the most chances of seeing the Northern Lights, avoiding the light pollution of the city. Our guides will teach you some facts about the Northern Lights on the way.
This might be a long night so we bring along light refreshments: Kleina (Icelandic twisted doughnut) for you and hot cocoa to keep you warm during the wait for the lights.
Location: Away from the light pollution of the city
Duration: 3-5 hours
Departures: 21:00 when condition allow from September to April. Pick up from accommodation in Reykjavik starts 45 minutes before departure.
Guidance: English speaking guide
This tour offers:
- Professional northern lights guide
- Twisted doughnuts and hot cocoa
- Drop off after the tour near your hotel
NOTE: Dress extremely well, preferably in layers. Bring a hat and gloves and wear thick socks. Drop off after the tour is as near to your hotel as possible on a full size bus.
– The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon. Sightings can not be guaranteed even if the tour is operated. In general, there is around 50% chance to see the lights.
– We decide after 17:00 every day if conditions are favorable to operate the tour. We will post our decision on Facebook but you can also call us at +354 5511166 on the day you are booked or ask your hotel reception whether we are operating or not.
– Pictures do not always reflect actual experience/sightings
– If no Northern Lights are seen, we offer passengers to take the trip again for free. If no northern lights are seen for the second or third time we offer passengers a voucher for a free trip that is valid for three years. This voucher is not transferable.
– If you book a Northern Lights tour, but conditions do not allow us to run the tour during your clients’ stay, we refund the ticket in full.
– Please note that if the tour is cancelled or if you don’t see any lights you must reschedule your tour by calling us at 551 11 66 or e-mailing to email@example.com – tours are not rescheduled automatically.
Tour departure / Pick-up / drop-off service
All day tours booked start from our sales desk & departures at Harpa Concert Hall, downtown Reykjavik, at the departure time given on your voucher. It is the passengers’ responsibility to arrive at our ticket desk in time to check in for their tour and to board the tour bus at the tour departure time written on their voucher. We offer a complimentary pick-up service from hotels and hostels within the capital area for all our day tours. Passengers wanting to take advantage of the pick-up service are requested to wait outside their hotel 30 minutes prior to tour departure (45 minutes for the northern lights tours).
If you cancel your tour at least 24 hours’ prior departure, we will fully refund your ticket. Cancellations received outside of the time limits can not be refunded.
Cancellations should be made with your original booking agent. If you booked online at sternatravel.com, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sterna Travel offers child and youth discount for children travelling with an adult, maximum of two children or youth per adult.