Northern Lights dinner + cruise combo via Elding
NORTHERN LIGHTS CRUISE AND DINNER
The northern lights cruise starts at the local, MAR Restaurant – a
5 minute walk from the city centre and about 50 metres from the Elding ticket office.
Your table is typically booked 2 hours before the Northern Lights Cruise starts at 21:00. The meal consists of an Icelandic Salmon and a choice between a glass of MAR house wine, beer or soda. After you’ve enjoyed your meal you can start heading down to Elding’s ticket office and collect your Cruise tickets.
Our excellent crew will meet you down at our Visitor Centre, which is facilitated on board a converted fishing vessel permanently placed by the pier. At night it takes on a magical form with a multimedia northern lights show. The
10 minute show includes images, time-lapse footage and explains the science behind the northern lights. The cruise will take you out into the dark blue yonder of Faxaflói bay in search of the mystical phenomenon we call the Aurora Borealis, leaving behind the bright city lights of the capital Reykjavík.
Watching the lights constantly change in intensity, colour and movement in the vast starry space with the gentle lull of the ocean beneath is a thrilling, unique experience. Our open top viewing decks provide the perfect platform for witnessing the dazzling spectacle while our heated indoor lounge is a great place to take a break and warm up in between sightings.
Dress warmly and don’t be shy to also put on our warm overalls!
- Icelandic Salmon and drink at MAR restaurant
- 3hr. Northern Lights cruise
- Excellent guidance
- Multimedia show
- Use of warm overalls
- WiFi connection
Terms and Conditions
- Changes to itinerary and cancellations are notified only via email
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and beyond our control. They are visible in Iceland from September through April but visibility is subject to Northern Lights activity and cloud coverage
- We cannot guarantee sightings even if the tour is operated
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancel the tour
- Reservation is necessary